The Salvation Army Rental Assistance Program is currently open for clients needing assistance with rent. You may apply for Rental Assistance if you are in need of help. Please note that our offices will be quite busy during this time and that we will try to get to you in a timely manner. Please read through this web page to help make your process as smoothly as possible.
Please Note: If the application is approved, up to one month’s rent will be paid directly to the property owner.
- You must live in Washoe County.
- You must provide proof of the reason you were unable to pay rent.
- You must have means to pay your current rent.
- You must provide identification for all members of the household.
- You must provide proof of income.
- Please use this as a last resort and that all other avenues have been exhausted.
- If you do receive assistance from The Salvation Army you will only receive this once in a twelve month period.
- The Application needs to be filled out completely before you are seen. Both the Client Application and Property Manager Application will need to be completed.
- You will not be seen unless Packet is fully completed including documents required as stated in the "CPacket Must be complete Before Assistance is Given" of the Client Application
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will you assist with mortgage payments?
- Yes, we will assist with one month of Mortgage Payments.
- Do I need to bring in my 5 day notice for Eviction?
- No, you do not need to bring in your notice of Eviction.
- I live in a weekly/monthly hotel/motel can you help me?
- Yes, depends on how long you have been residing at said property.
Please go through the survey below to see if you are eligible to receive assistance from us or not. This survey will give you the proper instructions of whether you are eligible or not for our rental assistance program. Hopefully this will better inform you if we will be able to help your situation or not.
If you have other questions about Rental Assistance and/or the Application Process then please contact us with your questions.